Sharing is Caring!
Cowichan Valley Basket Society counts on your support
Volunteering provides an opportunity to give back to your community, while enjoying meeting new people you can improve your communication skills.
Contact the office 250.746.1566 and complete the application form if you are interested in volunteering.
CVBS uses Better Impact as a volunteer portal to register and track our volunteers. If you are interested in assisting CVBS please click below to sign up.
Apply to be a member of the Cowichan Valley Basket Society Click here to sign up!
Donations of canned goods, dry goods, & fresh produce are always welcome. Food can be dropped off between 9 am and 3:30 pm.
Always a need for:
- Canned Tuna, Canned Chicken, Canned Ham and Canned Turkey
- Breakfast Cereal, Pancake mix, Syrup and Jam.
- Soups, Canned Chili or Stews
- Juices (1 litter & drinking boxes), Children’s Lunch Snack Items, Granola Bars, Bottled Water
- Side Kicks, Macaroni & Cheese, Rice and Pasta
- Canned Vegetables and Canned Fruits,
- Sugar, Coffee, Condiments (Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Mustard and Relish)
- Cat & Dog Food
- Laundry Soap, Travel Soaps and Shampoo
- Reusable Grocery Bags
One time and monthly donations are greatly appreciated and allow CVBS to operate each month. With cash donations we are able to negotiate special pricing with our food suppliers, increasing the value of each dollar donated. Donations also support overhead costs and the staff allowing them to support each of the great volunteers that help each day.
A $50 a month donation will provide a lunch daily for a guest.
A $100 monthly donation will cover the cost of a average monthly hamper.
Donations can be given in many ways:
- E-transfers can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org which is set to automatically deposit (please include your mailing address in the transfer note)
- Cash, Cheques, Debit & Credit Card at the office during office hours
- Monthly donation by automatic withdrawal click here to complete a form
- Mail a cheque
- Donate online click here
Donations to Cowichan Valley Basket Society, a Canadian Registered Charity, are recognized with an annual receipt for tax deduction purposes. CRA registration number 834113144 RR 0001
Please be advised that if you use these links to donate, the processors deduct a small percentage from each transaction. To avoid this transaction fee, consider using an alternate method above. Thank you!